Must Reads

zaterdag 30 mei 2015

My Journey to Entrepreneurship


Being a creative artist I do a lot of research about entrepreneurship. I think all creative artists would love to live their life doing what they love to do 24/7. In a time such as today where it's not always easy to get that dream job or that job you so hard studied for. A lot of people start something on their own. It seems like the world is more aware now that we are not alive only to work and pay the bills. Everywhere around me I see people wanting to do something meaningful in their lives and something they love to do. For all we were not born to just pay bills in life.


Unfortunately, it sometimes looks like that for a lot of people. I noticed that a lot of people would love to quit their jobs and do more what they have been called to do, but they just don't know how? They just don't know the ways. They feel trapped, cause they have to go to work to pay the bills. But in their hearts they feel like they have been called to do something completely different. I had my moments too, everywhere people are saying just do what you love to do. But they forget that for some people, it's just not that easy. They need to know the ways.
I'm thankful I was able to go to college where I learned things about entrepreneurship, businesses, foundations and nonprofit organizations. But also about persistence, organizing and stepping out. I was able to be surrounded by students who started businesses or studying at universities this was a great way to learn about a whole new area I was unfamiliar with.


The only example I had was my mother working hard to raise up four children and paying all the bills around the house. So that was a whole other world. So I believe a lot of people don't know that it is possible to do a job or create your own job in the area you love.
I have always loved fashion, entertainment and acting. But in my world back then there was no way you could make a living in the art scene. You finish school and be happy you get a 9 to 5 job. Thank God I had the opportunity to break that circle. I know now that there are ways. For me it started with stepping out my comfort zone. Stepping out my familiar world.


I started to search for places where I could get in contact with people already doing what I dreamed of doing. Signing up at well known acting schools, agencies, participating in creative projects. Anything to be in contact with what I loved to do and around people in the industry. I realized that there were things I needed to learn they already managed. This was an adventure, but also very unfamiliar to me. Cause what was I gonna say or ask, I didn't know nothing or maybe just a little of their world. All kinds of questions would rise up. Where they gonna make fun of me? Thinking I am a complete #%@%?  What if I had nothing to say? I would feel so stupid. All kinds of questions that was able to keep me in my place. The place where I absolutely didn't want to stay in. I knew I had to step out of my comfort zone. Even though the world, I was living in where thinking I was a complete #@x%!. Cause I was thinking differently, I was thinking bigger and more, I was thinking about standing on top! And I'm still on my journey, going to seminars and meetings about entrepreneurship. I am aware I want to go a step higher than just performing. We all have multiple talents, why not bring them all together.


I'm learning a lot by making these decisions, by taking these steps. I'm not completely where I want to be yet, but thank God I'm not where I used to be.
Everyday I'm learning,  I'm fascinated by young professionals and entrepreneurship. Being a creative artist I want to create my own social, creative shows to inspire others. There are a lot of ambitious and creative people out there that just can't find the right working place where they can do what they have been called to do. I've been dealing with that struggle too. After looking for that dream job for 4 years, long after graduation. I now had a bachelor of Social Work but couldn't find a job in my field and what I have studied for. Since then I made the decision and decided I'm gonna do whatever I need to do to put into practice all that I have learned and what I'm passionate about. So that brings creativity, education, social, talent, self esteem, awareness and compassion together under one roof. I love being creative with poetry and theatre sharing, education and information to bring self awareness to people. Awareness of who they are and what they are capable of. Awareness about their influence and about what's going on in the world. I have a compassion for those in need and want to give them a voice and share their stories. Where I can, I want to help others too. I believe we all can do something around us, in our area to help others.


Today I want to share some valuable, powerful words that I read that inspired me to write this article. I have been reading books from people that Inspire me. Last time I read a book from Ivanka Trump. Very inspirational for women that want to follow their dreams, for women that want to follow their hearts in life and in business. Last week I bought a book from daddy, Donald Trump himself. I never knew this man could be so inspirational. But I want to learn and read more from people who are successful in business and in life. I decided and made the decision to read more about those who are already doing it and have proof to be a Master in it. I absolutely believe It's a waste of my time sitting in front of the television watching entertainment series without a purpose. I rather invest in myself or watch something I can learn from. Maybe something to think about!


Well, I loved these words from Donald Trump. It's from his book: Trump 101 the way to success.

Fear of Failure
Many people are afraid to fail, so they don't try. They may dream, talk and even plan, but they don't take that critical step of putting their money and their effort on the line. To succeed in business, you must take risks. Even if you fail, that's how you learn. There has never been, and will never be, an Olympic ice skater who didn't fall on the ice. Skaters acquire their skills and master their moves by doing and falling, not just by watching or talking.


Knowledge requires patience;  action requires courage. Put patience and courage together and you'll be a winner.


Donald J. Trump


My tip to you would be, don't be afraid to step out your comfort zone. Don't be afraid of doing something you would never do if it can bring you closer to your purpose or in contact with the people you need to surround yourself with.
With todays technology you can easily find information about resources, meetings, courses, anything you need to know to get a step closer. We often stay in our comfort zone hoping that the right people will find their ways to us. But we also have a responsibility to show up in places where the right people can find us. If we hide our lights our talents under the table who will ever see the greatness you have inside of you. You need to go out there and shine your light, you need to go out there and share the talent God has given to you. You matter!


I would like to hear from you if you have experience this? If you still struggling in finding your ways or maybe you concurred this and are living the dream job today. Please share your story, your tips or advice. I would love to hear from you.


Be Blessed and Be a Blessing


Nadira


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten